Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mazeltov, Human Wizard


This strip is stupid. You want to know why it's stupid? BECAUSE I LIKE POPSICLES. ROFL. THAT'S THE PUNCHLINE HERE, FOLKS!

But in all seriousness, what the shit? Why isn't the wizard wearing pants? Last time I checked, wizards could equip pants. At least cloth pants, right? Or what? Is this Final (not final at all amirite??) Fantasy Tactics? Are those two fanny bandits in the back Judges? Did they decree "No Fucking Pants" rules? C'mon, man, you only use those rules for hot chicks! Not dinky old men.

Speaking of which, how is Mazeltov a Human Wizard? Mazeltov is Jewish. Shouldn't his race be a Jew Wizard? That's a fucking tangent.

OH WAIT. SHIT. LOL I JUST READ THE WHOLE THING. HE ISN'T WEARING PANTS BECAUSE HE HAS ALZHEIMERS. (That's old people's forgetting disease!)

I feel that "I like popsicles," is an over-used gag. Or rather, the "I like x," where x = kind of funny thing. X can = penguins, ham, toast, cheese, etc. It's too easy of a gag, and I feel like Mazeltov could've said something much funnier to the dragon, in terms of having Alzheimers. Something like--- like-- well shit, I can't think of anything. But surely Mike or Jerry could have.

Oh-- fuck-- did I just go into serious review?

PENNY ARCADE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE. THAT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE A DRAGON. IT LOOKS LIKE A TURD WITH GLOWING RED EYES. AND WTF ARE THOSE RED THINGS ON THE TABLE? SKITTLES? WAY TO PRODUCT PLACE GUYS.

I'M OUT.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your reviews are my favorite things on the Internet.

Anonymous said...

Damn right they are.

Show your friends- the world needs to know just how God-awful Penny Arcade is!

Anonymous said...

this website is fucking terrible.

Anonymous said...

No other anonymous guy, PEnny Arcade is fucking terrible.

Anonymous said...

So very many things wrong with this post.
1.) The punchline is implied - that Gabe doesn't take the game (Dungeons and Dragons) seriously.
2.) Everyone has made the not-so-Final Fantasy joke.
3.) The elf and other creature in the back are fellow party members, all of whom are (presumably) going to attempt to slay this dragon.
4.) If we chicks can freeze our bits and bobs off in the name of looking sexy, so can men. Though I will admit, the thought of a pantsless old man is far from appealing.
5.) Jews ARE human.
6.) Really? You criticize something before you finish reading it? That's like saying food is delicious before you take a bite of it.
7.) While I agree that "I like (insert noun here)" gets old sometimes, if you can't come up with something better, don't bitch about others who either couldn't or wouldn't do the same.
8.) If that's what your turds look like, your diet is the stuff of nightmares. Red and scaly? I dunno what you eat, but I certainly don't.
And finally, 9.) The objects on the table are DICE. As in the kind used for tabletop gaming, which they are obviously doing.
It's painfully apparent that you have no idea what you're talking about. While Penny Arcade isn't my favorite webcomic, it also doesn't deserve to be shit on by somebody who doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Tell you what: you make a better webcomic, and maybe you'll sway me to your side. Until then, please think before you post. I only have so many brain cells, and would hate to lose any more.

Anonymous said...

The fact that you think this is serious review is mind-boggling.

The only way someone could so blatantly misunderstand a webcomic like this is through intentional ignorance.

Every single thing you mentioned was done purposefully. So many people have misconstrued this that I can't even fathom it.

However, some number of people have found it funny, so I may continue in the future.

Thanks, Anonymiss!

Anonymous said...

Jesus... This is why I almost never post on the internet. Every time I do, I make a complete ass of myself, like I apparently just did. I apologize if I gave offense (though more likely I gave you a reason to either laugh or hate humanity a bit more). I do have a hard time telling humor from serious intent, especially in writing.

Anonymous said...

Meh, don't worry. Lots of people think it's real, so it's on my end, no doubt.

Out of curiosity, how did you even find this palce?

Anonymous said...

Boredom, mostly. Showed up on Google. And honestly, while I have encountered posts just as over-the-top as yours that were actually dead serious, your grasp of the English language should've been a dead give-away; most of the hopelessly obtuse on the Internet can't spell at grade-school levels, never mind string several coherent sentences together.

Anonymous said...

In any case, I might have to start following your blog now; now that you've told me, slowly and in small words, that this was meant as a joke, I actually think it's kind of funny. My brain meats just need a jump-start sometimes.